Peep Diorama Contest
1. Contest is open to all patrons of the Smyth-Bland Regional Library System.
2. Each diorama must be based on a book or literary theme.
3. All characters must be portrayed by peeps (any shape, color, or flavor)!
4. Be creative! Make the diorama using a shoe box or similarly sized box. Size should be no bigger than 2 feet wide by 2 feet deep by 2 feet tall.
5. Show it off! Take 2 photos of your diorama and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos must be in .jpeg or a .png file.
Please include in the email:
Your name, age, and home town.
Name, age, and home town of anybody who contributed to the diorama.
Phone number and email address (not for publication).
The title of your diorama.
Captions accompanying your photos about your creations or its significance.
All entries must have the preceding information to be considered in the contest. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Keep your dioramas intact. When all submissions are in, the top 5 finalists will be picked by library staff. Those finalists will need to bring their dioramas to SBRL in Marion for final judging.
6. All photos submissions must be sent by March 4th. The top 5 finalists will be notified by March 9th so they can bring their dioramas to SBRL in Marion for judging. The dioramas will spend a week at each branch location for patron voting. The voting schedule will be as follows:
a. March 14th – 20th Bland
b. March 21st – 27th Chilhowie
c. March 28th – April 3th Saltville
d. April 4th – 12th Marion
All votes will be tallied and the winners will be announced on April 13th at our National Library Week Open House. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
1st place - $75.00
2nd place - $55.00
3rd place - $40.00
4th place - $30.00
5th place - $20.00